The DBA Analyst ensures the functionality and performance of the database systems. Provides support and works toward solving incidents/doing current tasks/solving issues and problems with the purpose of ensuring agreed SLA. Develops scripts/programs that help expand the functionalities of IT solutions and automates recurring activities.
- Provides Level1 support for Databases and related incidents and problems, ensures high performance of database infrastructure
- Develops scripts/programs for extending functionality of IT solutions or for automating recurring activities.
- Works as required by his direct superior in shifts or overtime and performs stand-by.
- Makes technical investigations for performance incidents and examines issues arising in order to determine the causes and provide / propose solutions to solve the identified problems.
- Ensures operation performance parameters as imposed, integrity and security of databases for IT and telecom applications. Provides support for implementing projects at high quality and efficiency standards.
- Provides active support for transformation programs and other technology refresh programs that are designed to ensure/increase service availability and reduce downtime and increases the quality / performance of these services.
- Performs proactive maintenance activities based on information from tools and automated alerts and notifications.
- Contributes to maintaining and improving database performance. Provides support and advice during the course of the projects.
- Defines technical requirements, designs, configures and implements solutions that contain databases and optimize the existing solutions by redefining database architecture or by making software upgrades to increase efficiency and to meet the new requirements of the business.
Required key skills
- Knowledge of office systems and IT equipment (hardware and software)
- Documentation capabilities and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work in remote and distributed teams
- English (written and spoken) – average level
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT/IS, or related field
- Knowledge of Oracle or Microsoft Sql Server database administration in production (Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, open-source databases, etc.)
- Knowledge of programming in PL/SQL, SQL and shell UNIX/Linux
- Very good knowledge of Oracle or Microsoft Sql Server database administration
- Knowledge of ITIL, knowledge of general security principles, Knowledge of project management principles, Knowledge of SOX principles
- Knowledge about technologies Oracle RAC, Data Guard, GRID/Cloud Control, RMAN, Datapump, Goldengate, Shareplex, etc.
Great to have
Professional experience and knowledge of the Telecommunications industry